This is the age of, “all things Smart”. Smartphones, Smart TVs, to Smartwatches; technology is all about being Smart. Smart Homes have become very popular and more and more people are realizing the convenience of a Smart Homes. With the help of various Smart Home devices and Smart Home Systems, one can easily convert any home into a Smart Home. A Smart Home System enables us to control our home anytime from anywhere.
With Smart Home gadgets, your home can feel like a set straight out of a sci-fi movie. You can change the lighting to reflect the mood, set the temperature, play your favorite music even before you enter your home. It helps interconnect various home appliances and manage them remotely through your smartphone or tablet. Home automation can be carried out for a basic function, like safety and security, to a full-scale automation where all electronic gadgets interact with each other and you can practically manage your entire home at the touch of a button.
Here are few examples of how Smart home automation makes your life convenient:
- Monitor your entire home, including the exteriors, through security cameras and get alerts in case of any movement.
- Set the color and tone of lighting for each room.
- Enhance your home entertainment experience with smart TV, smart speakers and a distributed audio system that can play your favorite playlist and programs.
- Control the temperature for each room individually without having to move an inch.
- Give commands to your Smart home gadgets through virtual or smart assistant.
Converting your home into a Smart Home is a smart move but requires the professional help of trained technicians. Quick Tech has expertise in executing Smart Home automation projects ranging from a simple automation, like climate control, to a complete home automation of all smart home gadgets.
Why should I have a Smart Home?
There are many reasons that one should have a smart home. Some of the most basic reasons are as follows:
- Savings – Having a smart home aids energy efficiency and helps save money. Smart home gadgets like smart thermostat automate cooling and heating of homes. Similarly, other smart appliances automatically go in power off mode when not in use. This results in energy savings and lower electricity bills.
- Convenience – There is no doubt that having a Smart home makes your life very convenient. No more getting up every time someone forgets to switch off the lights before sleeping. Forgot to order groceries? Your Smart refrigerator can do it for you. You can even lock and unlock the doors from anywhere.
- Better safety and security – Smart home automation offers better safety and security for your loved ones. It helps you monitor your house through security cameras providing live feeds, alerts you in case the doors and windows are not locked properly, and lets you integrate other security features such as smoke detectors, burglar alarms; all in one place.
How to make a Smart Home?
Smart homes are the future. It makes perfect sense to start thinking about how to convert yours into one. You will need Smart home devices depending on your needs and connect them to a smart home system which is the hub where smart home gadgets can interact with each other and you can control them through a single app on your smartphone or tablet.
You can go about Smart home automation in two ways:
‘One step at a time’ approach – You can start with a few things that appeal to you the most, like a Smart thermostat system, and then keep adding on as you feel prepared.
‘Going all out’ approach – You can go ahead and get a complete Smart Home makeover in one go with various smart devices.
Either way, you will need the expert advice and professional help of Smart Home automation technicians to assess your needs and suggest the way forward. Quick Tech is your one stop shop for all home automation needs.
Do I need an electrician to install my home theatre?
Once you have decided to invest in a home theatre system, it is best that you get the help of licensed electricians to install the system. Setting up a home theatre system involves a lot of wiring and cabling work. Several electrical pieces of equipment together make a home theatre system, and they must be connected and wired correctly to give you a great experience. It is also in your best interests to hire professionals for home theatre installation, as they can survey and advise on any electrical upgrades required for your current electrical systems. Quick Tech can help you with the seamless installation of your home theatre system; ensuring all the safety measures are in place.
Quick Tech is the market leader in Australia, catering for all kinds of audio and video requirements for home entertainment. Our licensed technicians are experts in the installation of home theatre systems. Call us now, and schedule a visit to get started.
What Smart devices work with Google home?
Google home is a very popular Smart home system. Smart devices that are compatible and work well and with Google home are:
- Smart Entertainment Devices
- Smart Lights
- Smart Locks
- Smart Security Cameras
- Smart Sensors
- Smart Plugs, switches, and sockets
Looking for a Smart Home System? Quick Tech is your answer. Our capable technicians have the expertise in assessing home automation needs and giving optimal solutions that work best for you. Call us now and book an appointment in a few easy steps.