Do you know the correct way to delete apps on Windows? If you do not, then it can eventually lead to poor performance and other PC problems. In this blog we will discuss the proper ways to get rid of old and unwanted software. There are a number of methods which can be used.
How to Remove Programs on Windows 10?
Here are the correct ways to delete Windows apps cleanly, remove old software, and completely remove programs that cannot be uninstalled. Remember that each of these are available as onsite IT support services by QuickTech.
Method 1: Use an uninstaller software
Run an uninstaller software such as Advanced System Optimizer; which completely removes unwanted programs with all its associated files from your Windows PC or laptop. It is an outstanding utility which systematically cleans desktop applications and Windows apps in bulk without leaving any leftover files or settings.
Method 2: Delete unwanted programs
This is the old-style method to get rid of Windows programs individually. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Start Menu.
- The settings appear.
- Locate the program you want to remove and right click on it to choose the Uninstall option.
- Are you unable to locate the utility you want to delete? You can navigate to the Windows Settings.
- Go to the Apps menu and select the Apps & Features from the left panel. You can find a list of installed programs on your computer or laptop.
- Now, click on the utility you want to delete. Click on the Uninstall button to overall remove the Windows apps from your PC.
Confirm the uninstallation process from the pop-up and delete old and unwanted programs one-by-one.
Method 3: Clean Windows software via Control Panel
The Control Panel offers a complete set of tools and options. You can rapidly delete Windows apps through the Control Panel. You just have to follow the steps below.
- Go to the Search menu and search for the Control Panel.
- Go to the Programs section and look for Programs and Features.
- From the list of Windows utilities, go to the app(s) you want to delete and right click on it to select the Uninstall option.
Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall a program on Windows 10 totally.
Method 4: Uninstall desktop programs by MSI installation file
Certain Windows programs do not have a setup.exe file in order to install the software on PC. In its place, they have an installation file with extension .msi. You can use this file to uninstall Windows programs from your computer effectively. To do so:
- Find the installation file with extension .msi
- Right click on the file and click the Uninstall button.
- Otherwise, you can open the Command Prompt and run it as an Administrator.
Enter the command line msiexec / x and name of the file to uninstall the program effectively.
Method 5: Delete annoying Windows utilities with their .exe file
Numerous desktop utilities have its executable file with the name (uninstall.exe) or something similar in the program’s folder to delete the program forever.
- Find the program’s folder you want to delete from your Windows PC.
- You can find setup files, languages files, text files and other associated data of the software.
- Look for the Uninstall.exe file from the list.
Run the file and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall a program on Windows 10 totally.
Method 6: Permanently delete programs through Command Prompt
This method is a little complicated, but if done correctly, you can permanently delete old programs from Windows 10 PC.
- From the Search Menu, look for Command Prompt.
- Right click on the Command Prompt app.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- Type the command line wmic and press the Enter button. You would get wmic:root\cli> line on your Window.
- From the active string, type – product get name and press the Enter button. Wait till you see the list of all the installed programs.
- Now, type – product where name – ‘the program’ call uninstall on the active string. Press the Enter button!
- Just type Y and then click the Enter button to confirm and start the uninstallation process.
Method 7: Uninstall desktop programs using PowerShell
- Go to the Search menu and search for PowerShell.
- Right click on the result.
- Choose the Run as administrator option.
- Click on the Yes button, if a prompt appears on your screen. From the Windows PowerShell window, you need to execute certain command lines: Get_ – AppxPackage_.
- A list of Windows apps installed on your computer will be displayed.
- Go through the Name field and search for the Windows apps you want to remove from your system completely. Otherwise, you can take help of the Find menu to find the Windows programs you need to uninstall.
- Copy the PackageFullName of the software. You need it to run the uninstallation command line.
- Perform the command line: Remove-AppxPackage (Windows App Name).
See the progress bar and PowerShell will totally uninstall a program on Windows 10.
If you are looking for a quickest and safest solution to delete unwanted programs in batch from your Windows PC or Laptop, then run a dedicated uninstaller utility. It guarantees that no associated files or settings are left behind. It systematically cleans Windows programs and free lots of unnecessary occupied storage space in a few clicks.