It is essential to know about setting up business emails, right? It is also important to know how to set up a business email with Gmail in order to improve communication. IT support is needed when it comes to setting up the mail aspect, because not every business is aware of it. In this blog, we will discuss how to set up a business email with Gmail with our IT onsite support.
To set up your Gmail Account in order to use your business email, you must already have the email account created in your Control Panel. You will need the following information when you are following the step-by-step instructions listed below.
- Username: email@example.com (your full email address)
- Password: use whatever password you were assigned
- POP Server: mail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your domain name)
- SMTP Server: mail.yourdomain.com (replace yourdomain.com with your domain name)
Once you have this information, then you can proceed further:
- Log into your Gmail Account.
- After your inbox loads, click on the ‘Gear’ icon that is located in the top right corner, and then select ‘Settings’ from the dropdown.
- Find the ‘Send Mail As’, under the ‘Accounts and Import’ tab. Now click the Add a POP3 mail account you own link.
- A new window will open and then you need to enter the email address that you would like to add to your account. Click Next.
- Now, enter the password and the username for the account that you are adding.
- For ‘POP SERVER’, enter the mail.yourdomainname.com replacing yourdmainname.com with your actual domain name.
- The port number by default will show you 110, which you don’t need to change.
- There are 4 checkboxes that should be unmarked by default, which should remain unmarked. Now, click ADD Account.
- You will be asked if you want to proceed with sending an email from this account, make sure you select ‘Yes’ and then click on the Next stop to move forward.
- Enter your name and make sure to have ‘Treat an alias’ checked.
- Click on the Next Step.
- In the ‘SMTP Server’ field, enter in mail.yourdomainname.com replacing yourdomainname.com with your actual domain name.
- Enter the password and the username for the email address that you are going to add. The port number listed by default is 587, which you don’t need to change. Also, ensure to have ‘Secured connection using TLS’ checked before proceeding.
- Now click ‘Add Account’.
- Google will then verify whether the credentials you entered are correct or not. Once the credentials are verified, Google will then send a verification email to the address which you are adding to Gmail. Open the email account that you are adding (via Webmail).
- Once you log into your email account through Webmail, you should see a verification email from Google. Now, open the email and click on the verification link. Verification must be confirmed before you can use this email address in Gmail.
Once you have completed the steps mentioned above, you are now ready to receive and send mail through your Gmail account. This is crucial in order for onsite IT support works to take care of all your system-related queries.
QuickTech understands the requirements of small business IT support and setting up your business email with Gmail is a crucial part. Don’t worry, even if you get stuck along the way or have some queries; QuickTech is here to help and guide you always.
To get more information on IT support services, call us on 1300 016 017.