Everyone should be well aware of IT support services and know why it is needed. IT support plays a huge role in organizations; because there will always be tech issues and they can be solved quickly with good IT support. Small business IT support helps get your business equipped with the latest trends and technology that will contribute to the company’s growth. Every business has its terms, even IT support has its terms that you should know. Here, we will learn about the top IT support terms that everyone should know so that we understand those terms in the future.
- User Experience: User experience is what the user, or the end customer, goes through when interacting with a service or a product; you want them to smoothly and effectively achieve their goals.
- User Interface: The user interface is how the customer or the user actually interacts with a service or a product, and typically includes the visual design and any actions a user might take.
- Front End: The front end is the part of the website, software, or app that the user typically sees and interacts with.
- Back End: The back end is what goes behind the scenes. It includes all the parts of a program, application, or website that users don’t get to interact with, like the database and the servers.
- Full-stack: Full-stack refers to both the front end and the back end of web development.
- Design Thinking: This methodology for developing a service or a product relies on the target users’ feelings, thoughts, actions, and words. The process here requires us to think about what a user needs first – before building the product.
- Agile: This methodology is based on the philosophy that software development occurs most effectively and quickly when the team members focus on communication, self-regulation, and collaboration – instead of excessive planning and processes.
- Scrum: Within the agile methodology, Scrum is a framework for developing a product that relies on continual product iteration.
- Sprint: A sprint is a specified timeframe, usually two weeks, in which the development of the product team sets out to complete specific tasks within a particular time.
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence refers to the machines that simulate human behavior, which is an aspect of computer science. Alexa and Siri are some examples of AI.
- Machine Learning: Falling within the AI umbrella, this is the process used for AI’s to learn about intelligent behavior. It enables the machine to learn through a machine rather than by programming a device.
- Cloud Computing: Cloud computing allows you to access on-demand services over the internet instead of storing the programs on the computer hard drive or local device.
- Wireframe: As part of the early design process, a wireframe is a schematic or drawing of a website. Its purpose is to display key features, functionality, and content for the end user’s journey on the page.
- Quality Assurance: These are the activities, processes, and standard operating procedures undertaken to ensure that the service or the product meets its initial expectations.
- Growth Hacking: Growth hacking is a practice used in most organizations to quickly scale a business, using lots of creativity and low-cost means.
These are some of the terms that everyone should know when it comes to IT support.
At QuickTech, everything gets easier and better with remote IT support. All you need to do is give us a call at 1300 016 017, and we will be happy to assist you with whatever you need to know.