Efficient & Reliable Computer Support Services
Are you having issues with your computer? Whether it’s shutting down randomly, making strange noises or the screen keeps freezing on you, there’s nothing more frustrating than trying to put up with a malfunctioning computer.
At QuickTech, the most common computer support callouts we tend to receive are:
- Files taking a long time to download
- Sudden sporadic computer shutdowns or restarts
- Visual glitches and errors
- Strange or loud noises
- Loss of important files
- Forgotten passwords
- Virus removals and clean-ups
- Software installations or uninstallations
- Peripheral setup, troubleshoot and repairs
- Modem and phone line relocations
- Email or online account setup or support
- Operating system installations or reinstallations
- Driver issues
- Setting up a new computer
If you need help with any of the above issues (or any other computer support services, for that matter), don’t hesitate to call QuickTech. Our friendly experts provide onsite and/or remote computer support services that you can rely on.
Our computer support services are comprehensive and affordable, with a personal touch
The most common culprits for computer problems are usually outdated software, accumulation of dust, poor computer maintenance, serious virus infection or simply that your computer is more than 7 years old.
At QuickTech, we’ll get your computer up and running again as efficiently as possible; whether it’s a desktop, laptop, Mac or even a printer. Rather than fix the problem and leave, our highly trained technicians take the time to answer your questions and explain exactly what’s causing the issue in layman’s terms.
Our experienced specialists have a broad knowledge in computer support services, from WiFi networks and antennas to TV setup/relocation, smart home technology, tablets/mobile devices, audio/video connections and more.
Using free software vs. professional computer support services
Did you know that trying to resolve computer-related issues with free software can actually make your computer problems worse? This is because free software doesn’t necessarily take into account the many important variables that make your PC’s condition unique.
A thorough diagnosis is needed before any repairs should be attempted, and this kind of comprehensive evaluation only comes from a knowledgeable IT expert with industry experience. This is the case for all computer support services, including IT repairs, data backup and recovery, computer tune-ups and virus removal.
Much the same way that you wouldn’t try to fix faulty electrical wiring on your own, or carry out sophisticated plumbing maintenance by yourself, DIY computer repairs can cause more damage and turn a minor issue into a bigger one. You can also inadvertently delete important files.
In order to provide you with the best onsite computer support services possible, QuickTech’s first class technicians first perform a thorough investigation to narrow down the fault. We consider what platforms you are using, whether or not you have a data backup, and other contributing factors.
With our expertise, we determine which solution will be best for your desktop support or laptop support and ongoing IT needs. We make sure we explain what exactly is happening with your PC, why it is underperforming or broken, and provide expert guidance on the best solutions or alternatives.
Get in touch
Need help from an expert computer technician? We’re only a phone call away! Call 1300 016 017 for dependable computer support services, and we’ll be happy to assist.
- Computer Tune Up
- Computer Repair & Help
- Data Backup
- Virus Removal & Cleanup
- Software Install or Uninstall
- Peripheral Setup, Troubleshoot & Repair
- Modem & Phone Line Relocation
- Email or Online Account Setup or Support
- OS (Operating System) Install or Reinstall
- New Computer Setup
- Computer Training
- Apple Mac Repairs
With our contemporary intelligence and the rapid expansion of the global tech world, the role of Personal Computer support technician is vital. A PC Support Technician is a professional, called when something goes wrong with our PC. Here is the role of the PC Technician:
- To set up and manage user accounts and permissions to consent access to a network.
- Upholding and testing security, blocking unapproved access.
- Prepare a maintenance plan for the prevention of unexpected failures.
- Monitoring day to day computer performance.
- Update and maintain the computer inventory and equipment.
- Maintain and resolve issues on LAN/WAN, VoIP telephone, AV systems connections.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnection seamlessly with diverse systems; keeping in mind compatibility factors.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Endorse and apply upgrades to systems to ensure durability.
- Assess functional needs to regulate system purchase specifications.
- Resolve hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Validate & approve VPN access for all remote users.
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems.
- Support in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
- Train and guide your hardware and software usage.
We have a network of 700+ qualified and experienced remote and onsite PC support technicians Australia wide. Get in touch with us if you have any computer glitches.
Do you need help with your home computer? Our expert computer support technicians can fix your computer issues in super quick time. We can help with issues related to any type of computer hardware, software, or operating systems. Here are the major services provided:
- Remote technical support
- Data recovery, backup and transfer
- Spyware and virus removal
- Invasive pop-ups and in-site advertising
- Computer tune-up
- Peripherals remote tech support
Our technicians are available to support your technology needs. Contact us for an online remote computer support solution.
When your computer stops working, you need a computer technician to fix it fast. When you have a computer glitch, it is best to look for a professional computer technician. Remember, you risk losing your data if the person handling the hitch is not conversant with computer solutions. These are the factors you need to consider when choosing a computer support company.
- Check their experience
The computer support company you contract should be experienced in your system. You need to confirm if the computer technicians are cross-trained in different systems. They should know everything about backup plans and the apps used in the system.
- Expertise on data security
Data security is an essential factor in the computer world. Suppose you are looking for a place where they offer computer repairs in Australia, the company you engage in should have a security data expert who can formulate a security plan that fits your needs and budget. Remember, cybersecurity threats are evolving, so you need to hire a computer technician who is up to speed and knows how to protect your data.
The computer support company you choose should be managed in an organized manner so that all the procedures are followed to avoid disastrous results. If you are looking for a company to do computer repair in Australia, check the customer reviews to ascertain if they offer quality services. Before committing to any computer support company, ensure to check its market existence and its history. Contact us for more information.
There is a high chance you will need computer support at one point or another. When you reach out to a computer support service provider to handle your computer problems, they will often ask for remote access to your computer in order to troubleshoot the problem. This can be very threatening. You might worry that the computer technician can gain access to your personal files or that they can continue to access your computer long after the call ends. Luckily, none of these are true. Computer owners can see everything that the technician is doing on the computer. You can also stop the process at any time via a Control Panel. Contact us if you have any queries.
Would you like to avoid all computer issues and revel in hassle-free computing always? There are a wide variety of computer issues that can pop up at any time. There can be operating-system issues, virus issues, network issues, and much more. As computer problems occur abruptly, it can be hard to fix them instantly. The traditional method to fix computer issues is to go to a computer repair centre. This really is time intensive, and you may not get instant service. This is where remote computer support enters the picture. Let us take a look at its benefits:
- The most attractive feature is the fact that you don’t have to haul your computer to the computer repair centre. This is a huge time saver and avoids any accidents in the physical transportation of your PC.
- Remote computer support allows you to work more efficiently. We all have watched the “loading bar time” where we can’t do much more than sit there and watch the loading/installing bar slowly reach 100%. If you are working on a machine where you have to wait like this via remote support, you could use that time to work on another computer, or do another task – making better use of your time.
- With remote support, the geographics don’t really matter anymore, as long as the client has a good enough internet connection.
QuickTech comes with all the features you would expect from a good remote computer support package. Get in touch with us for more information.
With technical support, you get a range of services that assist with the hardware or software of a computer, or some other electronic or mechanical device. With desktop support, you get a resource of information and assistance to solve problems with computers and related products. Contact us if you have any queries.
The process of identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving problems in a defective computer is why you need a reliable computer service. Specialized computer technicians deal with hardware and software issues pertaining to desktops, laptops, servers, and the various components of these devices. Hardware faults need the physical review of RAM, hard disk, power source, and optical drive. Software issues are usually related to the installed applications, operating system, and bugs.